The Brewing Academy
Rapidus 65C816 Accelerator for Atari 8-bit computers
Regular price $185.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
We are pleased to offer the Rapids Accelerator from Lotharek
Internal accelarator for 8bit ATARI XE series.
- internal CPU turbo card for Atari XE,
- WDC 65C816 microprocessor operating at 20 MHz!!!
- managed by Xilinx Spartan6 FPGA and XC95XL CPLD devices,
- 1024kb of zero waitstate SRAM,
- up to 30.5MB of storage ram - SDRAM clocked at 160 MHz!!!
- 512kB of Flash memory (256kB is reserved for FPGa cores, 256kB for OS and New Device handler)
- 256b of EEPROM,
- high speed bus connector for external I/O interfaces, DMA support,
- working modes, fully software controlled - on screen bios menu, accesible by pressing INV ( and hold) + RESET
- low power consumption due to DC/DC converters, no extra power supply required
- simple installation: put Rapidus board in place of old 6502C and just solder 3 wires, or use an Adaptus board - this depends on the model of your computer. In this case you don’t have to solder any wires.
- compatible with Ultimate 1MB***
***There are continuing discussions about HOW compatible it is. YMMV, we cannot guarantee it will be stable in your machine. Heck, we cannot even guarantee it will be stable if WE install it alongside an Ultimate 1M.
- RAPIDUS board
- 3pin molex connector**
**the molex connector must be assembled and requires your wires. We recommend that you de-solder the connector form the Rapids and use a three pin male dupont/right-angle connector
- in XE You will need extra 4-5 precision dip sockets to buid the socket tower to lift RAPIDUS pcb over cart SLOT. NOT SUPPLIED by TBA