TBA's Ultimate Atari Video (UAV) board for Atari 5200
Atari 5200 Ultimate Atari Video board (UAV)
These boards were developed by Bryan Edewaard and sold by him for a long time. He has now sold the rights for the rev. D version to The Brewing Academy and we are producing them for all machines. What does it do?
- Has an on-board regulator to create a clean video power source.
- Has a 3-channel video amplifier designed for 75 ohm loads.
- Has a pixel re-clocking circuit to remove skew and better align the 4 luminance signals into a perfect pixel edge.
- Has a carefully designed chroma-shaping circuit.
- an adjustable pot on the board which controls the phase between the chroma and luma signals. A nice side-effect of this that you can change the artifact colors. There's also a jumper to invert the chroma which swaps the positions of the artifact colors.
The board plugs into the CD4050 socket for easy installation on most machines. It can be used in place of the original circuit or alongside it.
This board in available in three (3) configurations:
$30.00 Plug-In - A Plug-In unit for the CD4050 socket. NOTE: The green terminal strip is installed on the UNDERside of the board so it will clear the shield on the most 5200 units. If this will not work for your system, then either order the kit OR order an A8 plug-in version and change the jumpers. (A8: http://tinyurl.com/y4syjzzd)
$25.00 Basic - A basic version that must be wired in (missing the pin-headers and green terminal strip
$30.00 Kit -A basic version with the components to make it a plug-in version for custom installations.
Install manual: http://tinyurl.com/yyq25uvz