Vintage Computer Faire-West & COVID-19D


I am very sorry to have to post this, but The Brewing Academy will have to bow out of VCF-West.  
We did not come to this decision lightly and, indeed, will have to cancel hotel reservations, car rentals, and airline tickets at no small cost as well, but we think it is the correct thing to do. 
Please be sure that this has nothing whatsoever to do with the fine institution and people at VCF-West.  We were looking forward to attending.  However, with the change in CDC regulations yesterday as well as the new masking regulations in Yolo County (where we are at) and, I suspect more counties to follow suit, we do not feel that being inside with swarms of people during an upswing in the infection rate as well ad the Delta variant surging is a good idea.
Although we are all vaccinated, breakthrough cases can and do happen, especially with the delta variant causing people to shed 1000x more virus.  As a consequence, I cannot risk exposing our children, both of whom are under the age of 12 and thus unable to be vaccinated.  Additionally, we have both sets of our parents living near us and in constant contact, who even though they are vaccinated as well, we just cannot risk them even coming down with a mild breakthrough infection.
I hope you understand. If possible, we would love to be a part of next year’s show, presuming of course, everybody gets their shots and this thing gets handled, hope sprint eternal on that.
Thank you for your time and we hope to see you soon.


Older Post Newer Post

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published